UE Reference Standards
All AMARC industrial ovens, from the standard series FSE150 – FSE250 oven to the custom oven, fall within the field of application of Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC and refer to harmonized standards and European standards as regards the safe construction of machinery.
Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC; standards EN12100, EN60204-1, EN13849-1, EN62061, EN61508-1, 2, 6.
The design of safe ovens is as important as the mechanical sturdiness or the process performance.
All AMARC industrial ovens & dryers are equipped with the following devices:
- Proximity sensors: for stopping the machine when the doors open.
By stopping ventilation, they prevent the operator from being struck by air flows at high temperatures and by undesirable fogs.
Th safety systems meant for monitoring the mobile guards and doors are designed and constructed in accordance with Harmonized European Standards EN60204-1.
- Anti-entrapment systems: The AMARC industrial ovens which allow access to operators during the loading/unloading steps, are provided with doors that can be opened from the inside with anti-entrapment function.
The safety systems meant for monitoring the mobile guards and doors are designed and constructed in accordance with Harmonized European Standards EN60204-1, EN13849-1.
- Alarms Light Signal: All the alarms are diagnosed by a special light signal on the control panel and cumulated by the light column installed on the roof of the enclosure or on board the machine. These are provided on request, can be remote connected in the terminal board for connection to the customers’ central supervision systems.
The light signal systems are designed and constructed in accordance with Harmonized European Standard EN60204-1.
- Emergency button, under Safety relay: A red “mushroom” shaped emergency pushbutton is installed on all the control panels which stops all the functions of the machine in the event of an emergency.
This device, which is directly connected to a Safety relay.
The systems for emergency stop by means of mushroom shaped button are designed and constructed in accordance with Harmonized European Standards EN60204-1, EN13849-1.
- Hazardous temperatures mitigation systems: All AMARC industrial ovens are provided with safety circuit against overtemperatures with two thresholds:
- “High Temperature”, acts to stop the machine.
- “Extremely high Temperature”, acts by giving the signal on the temperature regulator and emitting a signal, on voltage-free contact, can be controlled by installers to carry out any firefighting actions.
The systems for mitigation of systems hazardous for the system are designed and constructed in accordance with Harmonized European Standards EN60204-1, EN62061, EN50495, EN61508-1,2,6.
“This design was completed with the drafting of a “Safety Assessment Report” (SAR), which determined the performance level of the aforementioned safety circuits as follows:
- SIL 2 for all industrial ovens with electric heating.